"once you choose hope, anything is possible"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

the sun will rise again

When I crossed my high school's stage on graduation, I welcomed the idea that I would be starting a brand new life. A life filled with new friends, a new school, a new state, and a lot of new freedom. Over the last ten months, I have received all these things, but with them came new struggles and new emotions. These last ten months have brought me so much happiness and love, but it has all been surrounded by the sadness of the tragedies that have been occurring back home. Four deaths, four classmates gone, four lives that ended too soon, and more sadness than I knew how to deal with. I have been through all the stages of grief; denial, anger, sadness. Now I am on to hoping for the future. This blog is my outlet, it is my way to share all the hope that I see on a daily basis. I have watched too many young lives be taken from this world in such a small amount of time, I am here to show the beauty of this complicated and sometimes cruel world we live in. I am here to share the stories of some of the strongest people I know, and to hopefully give those that have been dealing with their own struggles just a little bit of happiness. Sometimes on our darkest days, a little glimpse of hope is all we need to convince ourselves that tomorrow the sun will rise again and things will eventually get better.


"Once you choose hope, anything is possible" 

No comments:

Post a Comment